Discover The Midlands
Enjoy a cultural trip to the heart of Ireland with Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone
As the seasons begin to change this autumn, escape to the heart of Ireland to the waterfront Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone and explore the stunning scenery and rich history of Ireland’s Hidden Heartlands with Discover the Midlands package.
Situated at the heart of Ireland, Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone is ideally located along the banks of the River Shannon, the perfect stop for exploring what the historic town has to offer. Check-in to the 4-star hotel with its beautiful riverside views and be greeted with your Hidden Heartlands welcome pack before beginning your cultural journey with a visit to Athlone Castle Visitor Centre for a tour of the historic castle.
For history lovers, no visit to the midlands would be complete without a trip to Derryglad Folk & Heritage Museum. Take a journey through time and discover the lifestyle of bygone days, or visit Clonmacnoise Monastery and discover an ancient place where time stands still. From here, take the weight off your feet with a well-earned drink in Sean’s Bar, Ireland’s oldest pub and taste their pub’s very own whiskey as you learn about the history of whiskey making in Athlone.
Return to the hotel later that evening and completely relax after a day spent discovering the hidden gems of the maritime town, before sitting down to a delicious dinner for two in Elements Bistro. After your meal, wander back to your luxurious bedroom or extend your evening with a nightcap in the hotel’s stylish bar. With a complimentary late-check out the following morning, wake up completely refreshed and relax with a dip in the indoor heated pool at Synergy Health & Leisure centre, the ultimate way to start your day.
Within walking distance of the train station and a short drive from Dublin or Galway, Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone is the perfect destination for a cultural break away. Discover the Midlands is available from €125pps and includes a 2-night break with complimentary tickets to Athlone Castle, Derryglad Folk & Heritage Museum or Clonmacnoise Monastery, dinner on one evening, a Hidden Heartlands welcome pack, Super Buffet Breakfast on both mornings and complimentary access to Synergy Health & Leisure centre.
THIS OFFER INCLUDES:
- 2 Night’s Accommodation for 2 adults sharing a double or twin room.
- 3-course dinner on one evening of choice in Elements Bistro or Quayside Bar overlooking the tranquil River Shannon.
- As part of this package you will may enjoy one of the following Cultural Experiences with our compliments with entry to either Athlone Castle, Derryglad Folk & Heritage Museum or Clonmacnoise Monastery.
- Complimentary access to Synergy Health & Leisure Centre.
- Late check-out until 1PM, subject to availability.
- Complimentary car parking.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Booking start date: 1st September 2019
- Booking end date: 31st March 2020
- Valid for stays from the 1st September 2019 until 31st March 2020
- Package includes VAT and is valid for 2 adults sharing a double or twin room.
- This offer is available midweek and weekends.
- Cultural Experiences – Advanced booking is necessary prior to arrival to avoid disappointment and is subject to availability. Secure booking with our reservations team by calling +353 90 6442600.
- Advanced booking advisable in Elements Bistro (Closed Sunday & Monday).
- Additional nights can be reserved on request, subject to availability.